Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Time for a new symbol?


I've been getting much constructive critisism (and thankfully it has all been constructive) about the symbol. Most of it centers around the lack of a topfree equality message. One helpful person informed me that without the text, the symbol could be interpreted as a "I Love Boobies" symbol, which isn't exactly the sentiment I was going for.

My goal was to make something that would be simple and memorable, but at the same time conveyed the idea of topfree equality. I do agree that it lacks the equality aspect, and I think that I'll incorporate the suggestions I've been getting about including one of a male chest adjacent to a female chest.
I'll toy around with the idea and see what I can come up with. If there are any other graphic designers out there who have any ideas, please help me out! 

Many thanks to the wonderful, supportive community here and across the topfreedom spheres, I haven't received anything but positive (and constructive) feedback, thank you for keeping things awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment